Colleen Jezersek, President and Founder
- More than 25 years of agency PR experience, including Hill & Knowlton, Ruder-Finn and Cabot Communications.
- Colleen started her first PR agency – Spitfire Communications – in 1995 in Salem, MA focusing on a core group of hospitality and housewares clients.
- She was co-founder and president of Cogent Public Relations from 1998 – 2008, where she opened the company’s first New York City location.
- She founded Coaction Public Relations in 2008.-Colleen has a passion for new media, four legged friends (in particular her dogs Miles and Watson), kayaking, cruising Barnegat Bay in her Grady White and watching American football.
Claire Femiani, Account Supervisor
- Claire has extensive experience in the advertising world, having spent 6 years working at Food & Wine Magazine, 2 years at Travel & Leisure and also worked on the launch of Radar Magazine.
- Her passion for all things culinary evolved at Food & Wine and Claire is since a graduate of the Institute of Culinary Education in Manhattan. After culinary school, she spent a year catering events and private parties.
- During culinary school, Claire fulfilled her externship at Home Cooking New York, teaching cooking classes to adults and children. In her spare time she still freelances as an instructor, specializing in classes for aspiring home cooks.
Samantha Simon, Social Media Strategist
- Samantha graduated from Emerson College in 2012 with a B.A. in Media Production.
- The first job Samantha landed in New York City was at Danny Meyer's restaurant, The Modern, where she was introduced to the New York food scene, made great friends and perfected carrying 10 plates with one arm.
- In her spare time, Samantha loves eating tacos and hanging out with her Mom. Hi Mom!
Alanna Kramer, Assistant Account Executive
- Alanna graduated from Hofstra University in 2014 with a B.A in Public Relations and a B.A in Dance Performance.
- Before coming to Coaction, Alanna has had multiple Public Relations experiences from in house PR, to non- profit work as well as small agency life. She has done PR work for a major music label, a nonprofit cardiac arrest foundation as well as PR work for local businesses.
- Alanna has always had a passion for all things food so joining Coaction PR was nothing short of a perfect match!
In addition, Alanna enjoys eating, cooking and of course dancing as she has been doing so for over 17 years!
Geraldine Somers, Account Executive
• Gerry graduated from Macquarie University (Sydney, Australia) with a B.A in Media, Culture and Communications.
• Like the many Australians you now see in New York, moving to the Big Apple was in Gerry’s sights for many years and she ultimately took the plunge in April 2016.
• Before joining Coaction, Gerry worked for a boutique public relations firm in Sydney, where she worked across an array of consumer and lifestyle campaigns (restaurants & food, wine & spirits and entertainment & events).
• Gerry loves everything food and wine, showcased in her 10+ years of experience in the hospitality industry, so joining the Coaction team was ideal!
• As much as Gerry loves her sunny hometown of Sydney, she’s here to stay in NYC for the long haul and enjoy as many culinary adventures as her wallet will allow.